|Even princesses need computer time @ the Library!|
It’s National Library Week! It’s a great time to show our appreciation for everything the Library gives Stillwater—technology, opportunity, knowledge, ideas, entertainment, literacy, meeting space, opportunity, dreams, answers and community!
The celebration started Monday during Snapshot Day. It was amazing! Over 250 people took the time to tell us how the library impacts their lives and over 100 let us take a snapshot! There is still plenty of time for you to get involved in the celebration both this week and next!
|Daddies and daughters @ the Library!|
1. Come vote for your favorite National Library Week bookmark. We have 22 spectacular entries and you can vote for your favorite with your spare change (or bills!). Winning bookmarks will be distributed throughout the library later in the month. Proceeds from the vote go to the Library Trust which helps us purchase things like the auto repair and testing study databases.
2. See how Stillwater celebrated Snapshot Day at http://www.flickr.com/photos/cityofstillwater/sets/72157629780166135/.
|Wondertorium brings more "young at art" kits @ the Library!|
3. Go to our website this week at http://library.stillwater.org/ and tell us why the library is important to YOU.
4. Visit the UsedBook Sale April19-22. Your purchases allow us to buy new, updated books, provide children’s summer programming and buy equipment for the public to use.
5. Help our wonderful “One Book, One Community: Stillwater Salutes Will Rogers” go out on a bang! Join all of Stillwater in watching Broadway star Lynette Bennett perform "Will Rogers' Romance with Betty andAmerica" at the Community Center, Friday, April 20 at 7:30 p.m.
|Learning to sign during storytime @ the Library!|
6. Get your kids and grandkids involved with the library either by coming to study live tadpoles at Born to Do Science, Saturday, April 21 at 10 a.m. or by signing them up to read with our canine pals Simba, Molly or Sami.
7. And OF COURSE there is no better way to show your appreciation than to USE your library and use it often! Get a card, check out books, get information from our amazing, reliable databases and ask librarians to help you!