Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2016

Legendary Book Sale!



The booksale is coming up on April 14-18. The sale is an official part of Stillwater’s Legends Weekend, which is apt because the sale is LEGEND (wait for it) ARY! I asked around to see what other people thought about the booksale and got some great responses about why people love this sale:

·         “I’m always surprised by the types of books I can find. I love Art and Philosophy and the sale has books that I wouldn’t expect it to have.”

·         “I like that my whole family can find items they love. The booksale has something for everyone of any age, with any interest.”

·         “The books that I like are so easy to find. They are split up in categories so I can go right over to what I am looking for.”

·         “It is so vast.”

·         “I like how affordable it is to replace our kids’ whole library every six months. We bring in all of their books to donate to the sale and get to take home a whole new batch. It keeps them interested in reading.”

·         “Great selection with thousands of books. Cheap, cheap prices.”

·         “My favorite part of the booksale? The best part is how the sale benefits the library and helps give us even better services and programs and books.”

The last statement is one of my favorite parts of the sale too. All of the funds the Friends of the Library make goes right back into the library. It is certainly the reason our library has been able to provide amazing programs like our “Great Gatsby” and “Fire in Beulah” series. Here is a quick reminder of the upcoming series programs courtesy of the Friends of the Library booksale:

·         Stillwater Runs Dry: Mob & Prohibition in Oklahoma, Tuesday, April 5 at 7 p.m.

·         1920's Lego Club Challenges, April 6 and April 14, sign-up on the library’s webpage at http://library.stillwater.org under the “Register for Programs” button.

·         Town & Gown's Theatrical Production of “The Great Gatsby,” April 7-10 and April 14-17. Purchase tickets at http://www.townandgown.org

·         Snapshot Stillwater 1920’s, April 9-17, self-guided tour of 1920’s Downtown Stillwater. Pick-up a tour booklet at the library.

The booksale begins with the Thursday Members’ Preview from 5-8 p.m. Memberships are on sale at the door for $10 and can be applied to the fall sale. The sale is open to the public Friday, 12-8 p.m. and Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. On Sunday all items are $1 per bag of books.

For more info about this legendary booksale, visit our webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment