I knew I wanted to start our column this week by thanking the community for the huge show of support at this fall’s booksale. We often worry about whether or not we will be able to continue offering the quality services we do, but luckily, our community keeps showing up year after year making it possible. In preparing this “thank you,” I saw a column our delightful librarian Carline Talent wrote for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. I think it says everything that we are feeling about your support:
What are we thankful for? YOU! Here are a few of the reasons why:
1. Your beautiful smile and friendly hello.
2. Your patience waiting in line when we are helping another customer or on the phone.
3. Your diligence in bringing materials back on time, allowing another customer the opportunity to borrow those items.
4. Your careful handling of borrowed library materials so that the next customer has a clean and gently used item to enjoy.
5. Your understanding when we sometimes make mistakes.
6. Your very generous support of the library by way of gifts and donations to the Friends of the Library for their book sales.
7. Your wonderful and carefully thought-out suggestions for ways to improve our services and update our collection.
8. Your helpfulness in keeping the library neat and clean so everyone can relax and enjoy their time spent in the library.
9. Your watchful willingness to alert staff when you see something that should be brought to our attention.
10. Your kind and thoughtful comments that make our day!
YOU are the reason we are here. We strive to give you the most helpful and friendly service possible. We look forward to many years of your continued patronage and hope that we earn your thanks for your library and library staff.
Thank you Stillwater!